Rub Elbows with DC's Top Hospitality Giants at FREE Entrée DC Conference
Join Inspirational Entrepreneurs for Hospitality Industry Know-How
Have you ever thought about opening your own restaurant, deli, bakery, or catering business? I HAVE! And I have had so many questions along the way. What leasing agreements are required? How do I learn about the necessary financing? How can I grow my current business?
Well, I'm happy to announce that the Washington DC Economic Partnership (WDCEP) has partnered with The DC Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs in holding the fifth annual Entrée DC program on September 18, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. The event is the city’s premier resource for connecting the food and beverage industry with DC public and private sectors, and IT'S FREE!!
Hear Tim Ma, executive chef and owner of Kyirisan, talk about his journey to success as the opening Keynote speaker. Then, choose from four breakout sessions that include:
- Going Local: The Business Behind Sourcing, Serving and Selling Local
- From Seeds to Investors: The Life-cycle of Funding Your Business
- Food Trucks to Brick & Mortar: A Look into How DC Businesses Have Grown
- Meaningful Marketing: How to Break Through the Noise and Connect with Your Customers
You'll also get the chance to talk to the regulatory experts about licensing, health regulations, financing, employment, etc.
I cannot recommend this conference enough. It's only four hours on a Monday morning for the chance to gain some incredible insight from DC's top hospitality professionals, including entrepreneurs just like you, who had to start somewhere! So take some time for yourself, stop making excuses, and get out there to learn how to grow or start your own little foodie mecca.
I hope to see you there! See the full schedule here.
- Tim Ma, Executive Chef & Owner, Kyirisan
- Session: Going Local: The Business Behind Sourcing, Serving And Selling Local
- Kim Byrden, CEO, Cureate
- Danielle Vogel, Owner, Glens Garden Market
- Ilyse Fishman Lerner, Founder & CEO, On Rye
- Philip Wong (& Ann Yang), Co-Founders, Misfit Juicery
- Orlando Watson, Executive Director, Think Local First (Moderator)
- Session: From Seeds To Investors: The Lifecycle Of Funding Your Business
- Elaine Chon-Baker, Founder & Md, Modjka Ventures (Moderator)
- Johann Moonesinghe, Founder & CEO, Inkind
- Cullen Gilchrist, Owner, Union Kitchen
- Shizu Okusa/Jennifer Ngai, Co-Founders, Jrink
- Session: Food Trucks To Brick & Mortar: A Look Into How Dc Businesses Have Grown
- Kirk Francis, Founder, Captain Cookie
- Andrew Dana, Co-Owner & Co-Founder, Timber Pizza
- Che Ruddell-Tobisola, Founder, Bbq Bus Smokehouse
- Meaningful Marketing: How To Break Through The Noise And Connect With Your Customers
- Brent Lightner, CEO, Taoti Creative
- Svetlana Logic, CEO, Brightest Young Things (Byt)
- Farrah Skeiky CEO, Dim Sum Media